Wednesday, May 25, 2011

And we welcome Sparky into the mix...

It arrived! Finally. I wasn't sure it would make it yesterday and then I'd have to wait until Thursday to pick it up. But as I was driving into my garage the phone rang. It was George the Sales Guy (seen above) calling to let me know the car was done and in their show room.

IN THEIR SHOWROOM!

I high tailed it to Seattle trying desperately to drive the speed limit and not kill myself getting there. The sun was shining high in the sky and it was clearly going to stay there.

I drove into the lot, hopped out and went into the show room. There were 6 sales guys standing around shining up Sparky. I got a super tough sealant on the car called Cilapat or something like that and they were finishing up the shining.

Yet they all stood there and marveled with me at the beauty of this car.

There were a couple camera guys hanging around shooting different photos of the car. Finally they told me this was the first convertible of the 2011 or 2012 model they've sold or have had on the lot.  So everyone seemed to be out to see it go to it's new owner.

Finally, they drove it out into the sunshine.  Sadly they wouldn't let me drive it out, but whatever. I was still trying to get them to give me the Shelby or the Cobra that was in the showroom (if you look closely to the top picture you can see the Cobra and then the Shelby behind my car.)

Once outside I took no time to hop in!  George grabbed my camera from me and snapped a couple pictures.  They had a video guy there who asked if I'd be interested in doing a testimonial for their website.  Sure, why not!

Finally I was ready to leave. George and I drove across the street and he filled her up with a tank full of gas (about the same worth as the car - sheesh). Once he was done I was off. 

Wind whipping through my hair and the sun shining down on me. Drove straight to BigBro's house to show SSIL the car...she was covered in dust, paint and a little dirt.  Thankfully she didn't get too close to the car. = )

So today we have the Seattle Sunshine coming down - top had to go up. My new rule is the top has to go up before it goes into the garage. You never know what the weather here is going to be like so it's probably a good idea.  A cousin who's a convertible owner and has been for as long as I've known her sent me two rules of convertible ownership: 1) the top MUST be down if the sun's out. Period. and 2) the car MUST always be clean!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go stare at the car. I may even sleep in it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweeet !

Kara said...

So glad you got your car in time to enjoy the sun before it was gone again! And btw there's lots of sun out here. :)