Wednesday, August 10, 2011

33 days...

Its hard to believe, but I only have 33 more days left of my 100 days.  Man the time sure flies!  I knew it would, but didn't think it'd be at mach 3!

I made it back from Tucson on Monday. And I did it in class.  I got to fly first class in fact.


That's right boys and girls, Puck and I flew first class. Turns out this business man wanted to swap me my seat next to his family for his seat. I figured why not!  I didn't, at the time, know it was for first class. I actually figured I'd be suck in the middle.  Turns out being nice, for a change, paid off.  Puck and I were first on the plane and enjoyed a bloody mary and some snacks ... for free! We think we'd like to request more first class please.

The last couple of days in Tucson were more of the same with the DadUnit.  He was grumpy almost every time we went to see him.  Its hard to appreciate why he'd be grumpy all the time until you're in the room with him in a nursing facility...suddenly it makes sense.  Depression = grumpy!

On Sunday we had a heck of a monsoon. I had been waiting for one to come through and actually hit us. They had been coming over the mountains and splitting, missing us all together.  Finally, a couple of loud claps of thunder later and the sky opened up.
The wind came up and blew like the dickens.  Lightening, followed almost immediately by thunder and rain in buckets. I LOVED it. Now THAT's a storm.  By about 40 minutes later it was gone. All it left in its wake was a very wet road and some residual streams from the amount of water that came down in such a short period of time.

Other highlights this trip were...

The sunsets....

The prickly pear cacti in bloom...

And the Sonoran Hot Dog...
What's a Sonoran Hot Dog you ask? Well it's a heart attack in a bun, with a little bit of healthy on the side.  The hot dog is wrapped in bacon and grilled.  The condiments are: grilled and fresh onions, tomatoes, pinto beans (I know. I was like, "what?"), mayo, and jalapeno sauce.  Can I just say, it was pretty darn good? The bread is made fresh and was a very soft, french roll consistency.  The coke you see in the back ground is the "good kind" of coke. Real sugar in it...OMG sooo good. Puck even liked it. It was a drive to get to these, but it was worth it. 

The MomUnit and I also tasted their carne asada steak tacos...and OMG...I'd fly to Tucson just for those tacos. Sooo darn good. Reminded me of my days in Guadalajara.

So I'm home and am trying to get through my list of things to do this 100 day break. I'm running out of time that's for sure.  I need to get moving.

0 comments: