Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Freakin' Monday

This blog post is later than normal because I've had to be sure the evil spirits that inhibited my mind and body today were all purged before I wrote. Its been a Monday. To sum it up in one well descriptive word that everyone can understand..."UGH!"

When I left this morning I left on time, dressed for a customer visit, beautiful sunny day in Seattle (rare to be sure), everything seemed at peace. Then I made the fatal decision that would put my day into a tail spin....I decided to stop at Tully's for coffee.

Not unusual for me by any means. But just about every morning I do play this "Should I?" or "Shouldn't I?" game about stopping. Now, the game isn't about whether to have coffee, its just about whether I should wait until I get to work, of just stop off at Tully's. Some days work wins, but today Tully's won.

I parked, hopped out of the car and headed in. I didn't lock the car because there's no need really, I wouldn't be in Tully's for long, after all. Ordered my drink and I was out the door. Getting back into the Explorer, I flipped it on to get the heater going again, then I realized there was an "old" coffee cup in the cup holder, so I grabbed it and put my new steaming cuppa Tully's there. Hopping out of the Explorer to toss the cup I left the door open...it swung far enough to trigger it to bounce back and shut. As I heard it slightly click I thought, "Gosh I hope it wasn't locked." And yet, sadly, it was. My elbow tends to hit the lock button when I get out of the truck...and so it was half way down, and the door half way closed....UGH!

So into Tully's I go, thankful for spending the $$ for AAA way back when when I got a flat. (See "Flat Tires and Last Days on January 6th posts for AAA story). The girls at Tully's were exceptional in their "calm the crazy woman who's locked out of her running car with the coffee on the inside" assistance. They not only gave me another coffee, but offered me a bagel too. The AAA guy said it would be anywhere from 15 to 60 minutes. Great. I'm trapped in Tully's for an hour.

While I was sitting in Tully's though, I realized I had left my badge at home. Why I just grabbed my wallet from my purse and only brought that is beyond me. I never do that...and yet...here I am with just my wallet. Ugh!

2.5 hours later...I made it to work. And lock smith guy was an ass...laughing and carrying on about how women always do this...blah blah blah...

During my stay at Tully's this morning, I was treated to pleasant conversations from three older gentlemen (George, Roger and Bill) - (by older I mean mid 60's) who frequent Tully's every morning. Its their "Cheers". All three of them felt my pain apparently and kept me up beat by recounting numerous tales of their childhood and what not. All three clearly characters and full of it...but very pleasant gentlemen.

Finally, to work, get my temp badge, get up to my computer, flip it on...and WHABAM! A reminder pops up telling me I was supposed to be in a customer meeting 45 minutes ago. Double UGH.

But tonight will prove to be fun...off to see the Sh*tKickers with my pal Shannon. A local brewery is launching a new beer tonight so this should be fun. I mean what could be better? Paul Jensen in Wranglers and Beer...come on 7pm. I'll try to stay off the bar floor tonight, but considering my day...who knows?

1 comments:

Nicki said...

Thanks for reminding me I need to call AAA and get a membership.

Sorry for the bad day.