Thursday, May 28, 2020

Suddenly we're at day 80!

As I sit and type this I cannot believe we've been sheltering in place for 80 days. I've not been in my office or seen my work peeps for 80 days. 

I am not alone when I say that it feels like we're in the movie Ground Hog's day! Every day seems like the last. Nothing differentiates the days. 

What's happened in the last 20 days...well...here's a list:

1. I finished some great books. The Elephant Whisperer, Where the Crawdads Sing, and The Last Boleyn. All great reads and certainly long books that is helping add to my goal of a certain number of pages. 

2. I've been cooking like crazy. Since I'm home, I figured I might as well focus on new recipes. I want to try 75 new recipes this year. I'm well on my way and think I can make it. I've had some good ones. You can find them on my cooking blog if you're interested.  

3. I've been watching a ton of TV. Too much TV really. It's on almost all day as noise in the background as I work. For some reason working in silence distracts me so I just have the TV going. I've recently been watching the 3 part mini-series on the History Channel on Grant. Pretty interesting to me. Funny how the older I get the more interested in history I become. 

4. Seeing people has been hard. I met Blueberry last Saturday for Pizza in a Parking Lot. We sat in our respective cars and ate pizza and chatted. This weekend I'm meeting some colleagues at work for a tailgate lunch...again in the parking lot. I miss people. I miss entertaining. I miss hugs. 

5. Traveling has, of course, stopped. The Niece and I, though, managed a quick trip to Eastern Washington to clean up the headstones in prep for Memorial Day. As always it was a fun, but fast, trip. Harder to do when bathrooms aren't nearly as available as they are when restaurants are open. But we survived. 

In a couple of days, I bet I could copy and paste this blog ... the same will be happening. Over and Over again. 

0 comments: