Saturday, June 24, 2023

A very pleasant surpise

Today didn't start out too well. I had a Mammo appt this morning at 8:40 am. I set out on my way to get there and have plenty of time. First, I had a hard time finding the front door to get in. Then when I did, I was told my appt was at another location. 

Let me back up a little. My appointment was supposed to be for Thursday. But I had to reschedule it. Oddly when I called, they had an opening almost immediately on Saturday. So I took it. Now, the person who rescheduled me didn't say anything about a change in location. I assumed I was booked where I was previously booked. I was not. 

So I missed the appointment. That just put me in a bad mood. I swear everything I touched from there on out just didn't feel right. I ran over a curb at the grocery store. I cut my finger when getting seran wrap out. Spilled wax from a candle on my stove top. I could go on. 

In an attempt to get my mind out of the sour mood I decided to do some scrapbooking. I did a couple of pages and then decided I wanted to review photos from San Francisco 2008 - which is the next conversion I'm doing. 

As I was going through the photos I came across a video I took of the cable car turn around in downtown SF. I thought I'd play the video for fun. 

I was stunned immediately. On the video is mom talking. I had to stop for a moment. I haven't heard her voice for 6 years. I watched that video a dozen times to just hear her voice.

I won't lie, I may have teared up a little. 

What a gift I found. I will treasure this forever now. 

0 comments: