Thursday, November 23, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving!

That's a wrap. Another Thanksgiving is over and done. Phew. I always forget how much work it is. I tell myself it's not that much and yet I'm always exhausted when it's done. 

As is tradition, the festivities started with clam dip. It's tradition. Mine never tastes as good as Mom's did, but I still make it every year. 


Next the bird goes in. I cook mine in a bag every year and I'm so glad I do. It turns out perfect every time. Juicy and flavorful. This year I stuffed it with onions, carrots and celery. I have not idea if it makes it better or not, but I can say, this bird was delicious. 


The rest of the meal was rounded out with carbs galore: dressing; honey skillet corn, and mashed potatoes and gravy. Oh and a roll, because why not? 



I didn't make broccoli casserole this year and I gotta say, I missed it. The meal didn't feel quite right without that darn casserole. But the corn is so delicious. I made it for the hunting wives dinner and I thought it would make a nice side for turkey too. Maybe next year I'll make both. 

The usual crowd was here; Janet, Ashely, Claudia and her mom Gisela.

Now the rest of the weekend will be full of taking down fall and putting up Christmas. Saturday we're going to the Holly Jolly bizarre in Snohomish. It's become tradition. 

So now that all the specifics are done, let me just say, this year I'm very thankful for all I have and for all the people around me. I have a pretty darn good life and fantastic people in it. I'm thankful for all of it.

0 comments: