Thursday, July 30, 2015

Look out August...here we come

Next week is August! But you probably already knew that didn't you. I, on the other hand, didn't but the end of July together with August following closely on it's heals. I'm smart that way.

At any rate, the summer will be over before we know it and I've got nothing to show for it. Nothing!

Well, there have been a few things.

The MomUnit was here for a week. Short time for her to get caught up with all the friends she wants to get caught up with and then be on her way. We had a good visit, and as always, I like having her around. Though she may think otherwise.

While she was here we had our monthly dinner club. This month was Mrs. Landlord's pick and she selected the Big Fish Grill. Not my favorite restaurant by any stretch. But it does go to show what you order does impact how good you feel the restaurant is. Others at the table thought it was great. Me? Not so much.


We also had a Sunday dinner that was hosted by The Yank and PhotoGirl. They've moved into a new house and it's just gorgeous. It was one of the hottest days in all of creation and I melted. But I had good, chilled wine, great friends, fantastic food and sunshine. What more could a girl want?


The demons have been ... well demonic. The hot weather we've been having has put them, and me, in a funk. They don't much like the heat either. I did, however, get a chance to do ONE scrapbook page this month involving the demons.

This page I saw online several months ago and have been searching nonstop for that paper. There was something about this layout that spoke to me.

 Its just so darn cute to me and I knew I had to scraplift it...Yes scraplift is a word.

Anyhow after what seemed like eons searching for this paper I found it ... the one in a set. I had to, of course, purchase the entire set of paper - and thankfully I like all of it - to get this one paper.

It doesn't look quite the same. I had a little issue with some ink being on my hand and causing some issues on the page (see black spots in the middle). I tried to make it work and if I had a second piece of this paper I'd trash this and start over.


I LOVE scraplifting pages. I have over 500 images on my hard drive of pages I want to some day replicate. They never turn out exact, and that's what I love about it. You can see each scrapbookers flair in their own page.

Let's see...what else? Oh we had a book club too. We read the Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin and I've gotta say...it was a surprisingly good book. It took quite a bit to get into it in that I wasn't sure where it was going...but I was ok with that.


So that's about all I have for right now. Work has been crazy busy - which is one reason the blog suffers...I used to write at work. .


0 comments: