Friday, October 23, 2015

Surprise!

Surprises are few and far between these days. In fact, surprising me is a tough thing to do. I started thinking about the most significant surprises in my life and thought it was worth writing it down.


Surprise 1: Volleyball Award
In my sophomore year in high school I started playing volleyball. After a summer of practicing I found myself as a "floater" between junior varsity and varsity. I made it to every single game. I played in all the JV games and just one varsity - and only briefly. Yet I showed up for practice, and games to help and be available.


At the end of the season, we had a dinner and award ceremony. Most of the awards were obvious who was going to win them. Then there was the "Coaches Award". The award the coaches gave to the one player they appreciated for all their effort. That person was me! I was completely shocked. I never imagined I'd get an award.


Surprise 2: Surprise Party
Sometime in the early years of the 2000's Blueberry managed to plan and pull off a surprise party for me. Being that I was, and still am, the hub of all our friends, I was shocked that she pulled it off without me finding out. And to say I was surprised is really putting it mildly. It was awesome! And one of my most treasured memories.


Surprise 3: Quarterly Star Award
Its funny how I feel ok with other people getting an award, and never really thinking you will. Yet when I received this award a couple of months ago I was truly shocked. First the overwhelming feeling of being valued, and second, knowing, and feeling, like I had found my place.


And probably the biggest surprise of them all...is that I'm writing on the blog again. hahaha.


I've wanted to write. I planned on writing. And somehow life keeps getting in the way of me writing.


I miss writing and I miss sharing what's been what in my life. And I'm sure you've missed hearing it. As if.  Rest assured, I will endeavor to write more often. Aren't you lucky?

0 comments: