Sunday, April 03, 2016

Where the hell have I been?

I wish I had a good excuse for why I've not been blogging, but I have none. The only thing that comes to mine is that I'm not doing anything overly interesting and therefore nothing to write about.

And there in lies the issue...

I'm not doing anything.

I had breakfast with Blueberry this morning. She mentioned she feels like we never see each other anymore or do anything together. We steal a breakfast or dinner here or there to get "caught up" but we don't "DO" anything. What happened to us?

I can tell you what happened to me. I stopped being available. I stopped being the planner. I just stopped.

I didn't do it on purpose. I didn't plan it. It just happened. Work became the focus of my life, and I let it. By the time the weekend came around, I just want to sit on my couch and do nothing...or continue to work. It was all consuming.

I need to make changes. I think now that I have a new PM there to help lighten the load, I might be able to get back to living.

Summer is coming and I'd rather not have the summer go by and not have done anything. So here's the plan...I'm going to start putting stuff on the calendar with people. That way, if it's on the calendar, I won't bail. Well, I could bail, but I won't. I want to get back into life.

I'm going to spend a good part of today planning. There are walks I want to go on, place I want to see and people I want to spend time with.

I got a new duck..well several new ducks actually. I am hoping 1) I won't lose them and 2) I'll get out more with the ducks.

Meet:
OD (for odd duck), Snookie, Cheeto, Carrot, Clementine and Agent Orange.




0 comments: