Tuesday, December 13, 2016

I Give...

We all have them. Those days when you just want to say "F*ck it!" and walk away from your job, your life, your house, your everything.

Today was that day for me.

Truthfully, it started yesterday. The MomUnit ended up in the hospital with some pain and after many tests they determined it was the gallbladder and it would have to be removed.

Stresser number 1.

Queue today.

Everything seemed fine, but as the day progressed I found myself getting more and more frustrated with work related stuff.

Stresser number 2.

The MomUnit came through her surgery fine and for some reason felt it necessary to call me when she was in recovery (or close to it). I couldn't understand a darn thing she said. She sounded like she was talking with marbles in her mouth.

That conversation hit me hard. It reminded me of when the DadUnit was in the hospital a million years ago and the vicoden he was on was sending him on the trip of a lifetime. He was groggy, incoherent and mostly talking babble. Oh and accusing the MomUnit of leaving him in a garage while he's recovering from surgery. Say what now?

So work being a chaotic mess of monkey dong on top of the MomUnit being out of it and I'm just done!

The MomUnit called again tonight. I wasn't sure to laugh or cry. She wasn't quite coherent ...oh hell, who am I kidding? She wasn't coherent at all. In fact, she fell as sleep in the middle of a sentence.

I know tomorrow is another day. And I'm hoping blogging and getting this out of my head will help some.

1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

So sorry. I just needed my daughter. Love you.