Sunday, November 12, 2017

November? Already?

In one way I'm thrilled this year has gone so quickly. It's been a helluva year.

In another way, I'm stunned at what I didn't get done this year. More importantly I have lost myself somewhere along the way.

A friend had a birthday party last night and I felt myself not wanting to go. I wanted to help him celebrate his BIG birthday and then the other side of my was so exhausted that I didn't want to leave the house.

This not wanting to leave the house has been around all year, if not slightly more. I am 100% positive it has to be with being burned out.

Thankfully a decision was made on Thursday that will help with this issue. They won't be promoting me to a manager at work and are not sure what direction that group will be moving into. There may be an option down the road, but for now, it's not going to happen.

Oddly that decision made me feel ok. I at least have an answer and now I can move forward.

Part of that moving forward will be to slowly remove any "management" type tasks off my plate. I've started by making a list and will discuss with the boss. I'm tired of doing the work for something that isn't going to promote me. I was ok putting in the hours to "prove myself". Now? Not so interested. I cannot continue to let them take advantage of me and my lack of being able to set any boundaries.

It won't happen overnight that's for sure. I'm planning to have sloughed off the extra management work by Jan 1st.

0 comments: