Sunday, July 01, 2018

July 1st...What?

I know it can't just be me being astounded that it's July 1st already...am I?  I bet if I look back over my blogs I'd see I start quite a few of them with "I can't believe its XYZ date.." Life sure does zoom by the older you get.

So...back from Scotland just two weeks and I'm already dreaming of other places I want to visit. Spoke with Janet over the weekend and she just laughed when I asked her about some of the trips... mind you we already have next years great adventure planned. I love that I have someone willing and able to travel. I'm not sure I would have seen half as much as I have without her.

Towards the end of July I'll be attending a Scrapbook Retreat. My scrap pal BeagleGal talked me into it. Ok, she didn't have to talk me into it too much. Anyhow, I wasn't sure whether I wanted to attend and now that it's approaching and I'm watching what's coming, I'm so excited to attend. It's in Lakewood...which isn't Seattle, but to be fair, there's nothing to do in Lakewood, so why not scrap?

There are three classes that will happen over the weekend.  And some free crop time. I've been staging some Ireland pages to have available to crop when we do have that free crop time.

Here's the thing though, each instructor has sent a list of photos to bring with you. Each class you will make 4 page layouts (or something similar).  One of the instructors photo list is killing me. I'm realizing I don't have that many photos of me through the years.

Here's what I need to gather:

  • childhood photo of me
  • A special place to me from anytime in my life (optional: photo of me now or an extra of me @ that special place
  • A ritual or daily routine
  • A collage (4X6) of items that are integral to my daily life, or members of my family
  • Reality versus ideal of something in my life
  • Current photo of me
  • A photo of me and a mantra that speaks to my philosophy of life
So...yah. I don't really have a current photo of me. Guess I'll put that selfie class I took to work. The ritual/routine is easy...Starbucks. A special place will be a tough one. There are so many to choose from, and I'm not sure I have photos of that special place. Does the bottom of a wine bottle count as a special place?  The collage of items that are integral to my daily life I think I'm going to take photos of my remote control, my laptop, my nook and my phone. Those all seem pretty important. Oh and maybe a photo of my car keys. 

The second class is just asking for photos that match the colors of the paper collection. Not a problem for me. I'll just find some photos and put them in Black and White. 

The last class is about the "crafty girl" inside you. This one will be fun for me. It's ironic to me that I don't scrap about scrapbooking. Here's the problem...I have to find 12 photos for this class. Thankfully the instructor gave us some ideas. 
  • Evidence of my craftiness (does an empty bank account count?)
  • Where I craft
  • close ups of supplies
  • Pages I've created
  • Bags of supplies
  • Photos of a stack of done pages
  • Your planner
  • Me holding my favorite scrapbooking tool
  • Favorite craft store or aisle (I guess I'll have to go to Ben Franklin for this...bummer)
So needless to say I have some homework to do. I did do some searching today and found a few items. And I made a list of photos I need to take. I have some ideas for current photos of me, but we'll see how those turn out. 

I spent the entire day in the scrapbook room today. It feels so good to be crafty and creative. It takes my mind elsewhere. I worked on mom's celebration of life gatherings we did. I haven't been able to scrap these and suddenly today I could. 

That's about it. I've got something yummy in the slow cooker and the timer just went off. 

0 comments: