Saturday, January 26, 2019

Goals...and such

Here we are just 3 weeks after Hawaii. I miss Hawaii. I'd love to actually go to Hawaii some day and not run all over hell's half acre. It sounds good. I'm not sure I could do it, but it's nice to have goals.

When in Hawaii I wasn't overly happy with myself. I have let myself get unhealthy ... again. I got tired easy and the humidity did me in quicker than normal. I hated it. I hated flying since my ass barely fit in the seat. I had to actually ask for an extender to buckle myself up. The Horror.

Post Hawaii I thought, "never again." I was ashamed and mad at myself for letting me get to that point again. I started thinking about Dad. I remember watching him give himself shots daily for diabetes and I used to think, "Gosh. Had he made the right choices in his life he wouldn't be her. That won't ever be me."  And here I am...

Choices. That's what its all about. We get to make choices.  I decided upon return from Hawaii that come the time Janet and I leave for Denmark I'm not going to feel this way. I'm going to be able to keep up with Janet...the energizer bunny.

The first two weeks back I got myself to the gym about 3 times a week. I was proud of myself for doing that. Then I thought, what if you give yourself a goal to go 7 days in a row?  Why not!



7 days! I went every day for 7 days. Now my goal is 10. Can I go 10 days? I don't see why not. In fact, I might even be able to do 14...I feel great. I have a lot still to do, but I feel really good. I know this motivation may not last, and there was at least one day I almost let laziness win, but for the time being I'm going to ride this motivation wave. 

I'm toying with stopping Jenny Craig and focusing on low carb, high protein nutritional meals...but baby steps first. The Niece and I are both discussing helping each other with this. In fact, after every work out I send her a photo...thus the photos above. I purposely make them bad... she just rolls her eyes. 

In other non-health related news, and frankly quite opposite is today Janet, Sherrie and the Niece and I celebrated Mom again by eating brunch at Salty's on Alki. It's a MASSIVE brunch buffet and so very good. We did this last year and I thought we'd make this annual and today was our 2nd annual celebration of mom. 

I'm stuffed still and that was 6 hours ago. But getting to the gym after helped. It's such a beautiful day in Seattle I drove home with the top down. It was 44F outside, but with the traffic on the freeway I wasn't driving too fast. I just love Seattle on sunny days...and in the winter it's a bonus to have a sunny day. 


0 comments: