Thursday, June 03, 2021

June comes rushing in...

As I was driving home from book club last night I was thinking how crazy it is that it's June. Time does fly and it is definitely getting faster. I pulled over last night at the top of a hill and just sat for a minute and watched the sunset. I rarely slow down long enough to do that. It makes me want to do it more. To sit and just reflect on the moment. Not think about the past, or put together some list for the next few days, or worry about a work assignment that's not done. No. Just sit. 

I sat and just focused on my senses. I sat and listened to the sounds. A dog barking, a bird chirping, some other sound I couldn't recognize. A sneeze in some house near by. A loud car driving by. I noticed the breeze blowing across my face (the top was down in the car...). The smell of cut trees or wood. 

I only sat for about 5 minutes or so. It was refreshing and oddly it re-energized me a bit. I made a mental note to do this more often. 

Other exciting things happening...

Work continues to be work. Learning a new job at a new company remotely is a challenge, but fun all the same. I was ready for a new challenge. And it's really hard to believe that Monday May 31st was our 90th day! Three months went by in a blink of an eye. 

The area is opening up more and more now that more folks are vaccinated. I've noticed places like Starbucks and Mod Pizza have no signs about wearing masks. Then this week the gym made masks optional. Whoa. I'll admit I'm not sad to see those masks go away. Especially at the gym. 

There's still a bit of caution I feel because of the variants out there. But I think I've finally just decided that if I get sick, then so be it. The vaccine will at least keep me from being hospitalized...or so they say.

I have a feeling summer is going to roar in and out and we'll be welcoming the fall in no time. I'm determined to enjoy this summer. After last summer where we couldn't do anything, I think I need it. 


0 comments: