Friday, December 31, 2021

2021...May Old Acquaintances be Forgot

Recently BFF and I looked up the lyrics to Auld Lang Syne lyrics. It's been a question as to WHY it's sung on New Year's Eve. I can't say I'm sure I understand complete, but the jest of it, for me, is that it's saying a pleasant farewell. 


2021 wasn't a GREAT year, but it wasn't a 2020 year. The big change for this year was a new job. That falls into the GREAT category. COVID still running rampant falls into the NOT so great. 

I only got to travel out of state to Phoenix for a scrap weekend. That was great. The fact Janet and I couldn't go on one of our big Europe trips, Not great. 

I did get away for a couple of weekends to the beach...THAT was great. So much fun traveling with Janet - and especially fun when she basically plans the trips and I basically drive. 

I visited a lot of new wineries this year. Also great. Drank some good wine this year. Drank some bad wine this year. 

Ate a lot of good food this year. Tons of new recipes. A couple of new restaurants. 


Read some GREAT books. Didn't read some bad books. I tried to read all 12 of the book club books, but a couple were just not in the cards.


Health is still, well, fine. It definitely could be better. Will focus on that in 2022...again. No major issues this year, so that's GREAT. 

Finances are solid. Feel good about all that too. 

At the end of the day, 2021 seems just average. Still recovering from the hell show of 2020 in some ways, but by and large, not a bad year. I got to see friends and family (and hug them), we got to start doing Sunday Dinners and Book clubs in person. I am still employed and I still have my health. 

I'm going to chalk this year up to a year that was OK. 

Now, let's see what 2022 will bring us. Honestly, I'm not sure if I should brace myself or go all in without much thought. 


0 comments: