Friday, February 03, 2023

10 YO

 

The little beasties are 10 years old today! Ten!! That happened so fast. 

I can vividly remember when I got them. Pookie had just passed. My niece at the time was fostering mama kitties and had three little kittens of the latest litter left. Two were still available. 

She called and asked if I wanted them. I said no. I wasn't ready. Pookie had only been gone for a week. It didn't seem right. 

Then she sent me photos. Straight to the heart! Those two little pink noses and they looked so adorable and so lovable. 

I still said no. 

Then about a day later I relented and said I'd take them. Only she had just taken them to the pet store to be sold. I made her go back and get them. $85 later I had two kittens. 

Cammie and the kittens, at the time, were in Cle Elum. This meant I needed to drive over and get them. So a week later, off I went to go pick up these two bundles of joy. Paula and Patrick is what she named them. I KNEW I'd be renaming them. 

We got all the way home. I introduced them to the small walk in closet that would be their home for a couple of days. I introduced them to the litter box. And I introduced them to several friends. 

Now here we are, ten years later. 

Two peas in a pod

10YO senior cat vet visit

Snuggle buddies

10 year olds

They're pretty spoiled cats - as cats (or any pets) should be. They have me trained. They annoy the bejesus out of me. And they bring me such joy. I guess I'll keep them.

0 comments: