Wednesday, May 10, 2023

The Past

I'm sure this happens to everyone. I'm sure I'm not special in any way to feel the way I do about the past. But god damn, the past can sure rise up and bite you in the emotional ass when you least expect it. 

I'm SURE it has to do with Mom's day around the corner. I tend to get emotional when Mom's birthday, the day she died and Mother's day comes around. 

Top that with a blast from the past has me thinking about all sorts of memories and you have a recipe for some serious drama. 

It's not drama that makes me said, its just drama that makes me think about life and how wonderful it's been. 

Honestly, diving into memories from the past do have potential to make most said, or full of regrets. My memories usually make me happy, nostalgic even. It reminds me that I've had a pretty good life. Oh, sure there has been sadness and loss and regrets, but I'm learning to see those as mere blips on the grand scheme of life's adventures.

I could dwell on them and let that drag me into the abyss. But in my wiser years I see it as memories that helped shape me. And I'm ok with that and who I am ... well, for today. Tomorrow's another story. 

0 comments: