Wednesday, October 12, 2005

What the...?

How'd I get a blog? I'm a techy geek, but a blog? Me? Surely I dont' have enough exciting things to chat about...but I've read other blogs and well, apparently you can write about just about anything you want. So here it goes. 

First and foremost, a disclaimer. I do not hold myself responsible for anything that is written in the blog, or anything that might be misspelled. Yes, I know there are spell checkers, but frankly I prefer to make it interesting. 

 Second, what the hell am I going to blog about? Is blog a verb, noun, adjective? So many things to think about these days. 

Who am I? My name is Jennifer. I'm a Project Manager (PMP really) in Seattle who secretly hates her job. My company is a small web marketing company who's office is in an old historic, supposedly haunted church on Capital Hill in Seattle. I've not seen the ghost, but I have seen strange things go on here. 

 We have dogs. Yes dogs. Every day is "Bring your dog to work" day. Jordi, Spot, Emma, Maggie, Molly and the new comer Betty. Yes, I'm still talking about the 4 legged dogs (I think their actual scientific name is Puppious Loyalius - but I could be wrong). I spend at least 30 minutes a day visiting with each dog and supplying them with treats. Of course they have to do tricks to get my treats. Yes, I'm still talking about dogs. Sheesh...where's your mind? 

 Outside of work I spend my days reading, watching as many episodes of Smallville as I can ( Clark Kent should be married to me...but he doesn't realize it yet), hanging with friends, doing Project Mgmt classes, etc. Nothing overly exciting, but I'm sure there should be some humor in it somehow. 

Who are the players? Main players will be Sherrie my cousin, and Mike my good friend. Occasionally, you'll hear of Mom and Dad. Mom's crazy...and me, her daughter is an apple that didn't fall far from the tree. 

Occasionally, you'll hear of people at work. I'll code name them to protect the not so innocent. My current project at work is to try to not spend as much time at the receptionist desk - oh sorry the Front Office Coordinator's desk...see we're friends....but sadly people "assume" we're gossiping when we're chatting...when really all we're doing is talking about everyone one else. (That's a joke. Get it?). Well call her, Super S. 

 Let's see...what have I missed? Oh yes, if you have any suggestions for me to be more creative please provide them. I'm all for creative ideas. If you have any bad comments about my writing or my life, please keep them to yourself. This is, after all, MY blog...I don't need to hear your drivel. (check the spelling on that word). Cheers, Jenn

3 comments:

A. Scooterdawg said...

Blog is a verb or a noun, it can also be used as an adjective.

Vicky said...

Oh my...what have we started? I blame this all on Ken, but I do look forward to reading about Jenn's world in the Northwest.

Ken La Salle said...

How cool! I have a Padawan... or a Nawadap? Um... where was I?

Cicero is correct, by the way. "Blog" can be used as an adjective, such as "Move your blogging ass!" or "That's the bloggingest!"... but, for obvious reasons, shouldn't.