Friday, October 21, 2005

Oh...the weekend...happy day!

Its sad that at my age...which is only 36, that I'm excited about a weekend in which I have really nothing planned. Dinner with some friends tomorrow night, but otherwise...I get to do nothing. How exciting is that? It got me to thinking about this next weekend though in which I have a dilemna.

Next weekend, Sherrie, Mike and I have the Top 10 Worst song party with a local band that I am so in love with (okay, I'm really just in love with the lead singer. I'll tell the story sometime of the Valentine party he sang to me at...my wittle heart went pitter pat)...The Dudley Manlove Quartet. Every year, for the past 10 years, they do this show the weekend before Halloween. The idea is that these "Top 10 Worst" songs are voted on by the fans. Each year I've mad an attempt to get a REALLY bad song into the top 10. Last year I was successful with PacMan Fever. One year they did Baby Got Back, which was pretty funny seeing 6 white guys singing. Its a bad song. It deserves to be there. This year I voted religiously for Barbie Girl by Aqua and I'm Too Sexy for My Shirt by Right Said Fred. I realized I was trying to find songs I thought it would be amusing to see 6 white guys sing. Dudley Manlove also, traditionally, dresses up like some band. The first year I saw them, they dressed up as Spinal Tap, then they were The Go-Go's, Duran Duran, Darryl Hall and the John Oats'es, and my favorit Robert Palmer and his dancing girls.

They start a count down from the top 100 songs the 1st of October. They add some "historical" commentary that's spiced with sarcastic and witty commentary. So today, I thought I'd share this with you. http://www.dudleymanlove.com/column.html

The truth be told, I'm in love with the lead singer, Paul Jensen. have I mentioned that yet? I'm a groopy (or is it groupy). I admit it.

But the point of all of this is, their show next weekend starts at around 10 PM. I'm trying to figure out how the HELL I'm going to stay awake that late. They do the top 10 worst the second set, which will start around 11:30. That is SOOOOOOO past my bed time. Any suggestions for staying awake? Aside from large amounts of coffee and a nap during the day...

1 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

I got to #21... luvin it... and then the list stopped!!! What happened to the last (or first) 20??? (sob)