Sunday, August 28, 2011

Wow. I sucketh.

Back in June when I started Jenn's Excellent Summer Vacation I promised I'd attempt to write daily.  If you're a follower of this blog (thanks) then you're well aware that I failed, horribly, at this attempt.  So, I'll give you a list of what I've been doing since I last wrote over a week ago.

1. SSiL and I went wine tasting. A very near city, Woodinville, is home to 93 wineries.  I have yet to determine why Woodinville is so attractive to said wineries, but I'm on it. I have 14 more days of my adventure to figure it out.  We did determine however, that wine tasting can cause one to consume too much wine, perhaps. And I can confirm we will be out doing it again soon.

2. PMDude's brother had a fund raiser to help pay for some medical bills he's accumulated thanks to stinky skin cancer. I took advantage of said fund raiser and took Sparky on a little trip to south King County.  After spending some time harassing PMDude I figured I was right next door to IKEA so why not swing on in.  They were just opening, and I gotta say, getting there early on a Saturday does wonders in avoiding screaming kids. I managed to only spend a little bit and got out of IKEA with a soap dispenser and ideas.

3.  A friend of mine, her two kids and I hopped in Sparky and headed to Ellensberg to visit another friend and her two kids.  I know your mouth just dropped open thinking I allowed children to be in Sparky.  Never fear, I kept a close eye on those two. I gotta say, I now understand what drove my parents to say, "Don't make me pull this car over." We were only about 30 minutes into the drive and I found myself wanting to say that.  All in all the trip was good. We ended it with having dinner with The Niece and her GalPal at a Mexican place in Cle Elum. Puck enjoyed his swim in the salsa.

4. Most of last week was more of the same. I'm attempting to get through my list and get myself back to work as planned.  Met the bosses for a quick stroll through the Redmond Farmer's Market yesterday and was reminded why I so want to come back to work. Those two are a ton of fun and fun people make work, well, more fun.

5. One year ago this week, Blueberry, The Landlords, the Pantry Goat and I headed out to the high seas on our cruise to Alaska.  I had the Landlords over for dinner on Friday to celebrate said cruise. We all marveled, okay maybe I was the only one who marveled, at how quickly that year went by.


6. I made a ton of new recipes last week. 5 to be exact.  I screwed up the recipe for the Alaska cruise dinner with the Landlords, but was able to save it.  Then today I was looking through some other recipes and discovered the recipe I "thought" I was making wasn't what I made. Which now makes sense as to why it didn't taste as good. Ah well, moving on. This next week I'll be making a bunch of new recipes again. I've found my cooking mojo back for a bit. Wanna see these fantastic recipes? Check out Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice.

7. 14 more days.

0 comments: