Thursday, September 01, 2011

Day 88

I know! 88 days of the 100 days has FLOWN by.  I knew it would go fast and I feel good about what I made of the 100 days.  If the weather would have been more cooperative I might have made more of it. But turns out, I think it has gone pretty darn well.

In case you've forgotten, I had a 100 Day list.  It's been updated.

I've done almost all of it to date. Within the next 12 days I will finish it. I have done a work back schedule for the last 12 days. Because like any project, there are delays and often things get in the way. But having a schedule helps keep things on a path. 

Or I just did the work back schedule to get my PM brain back into fighting state. 

Either way, I am ready to go back. Everyone has said, "Oh you'll wish you would have had more days." But really, I don't. 100 seems just about right before I think I'd go insane.  Boredom would be right around the corner soon.

Today I'm finishing up my Photoshop Elements classes.  Which means I need to take more photos and then practice my new skills on them.  Or I could just use the thousands and THOUSANDS of photos I already have...

In other exciting news, the DadUnit got to come home yesterday.  It had been a tough couple of months.  He was, essentially, getting kicked out of the nursing facility because he wasn't willing to do his therapy (physical).  He's a stubborn, old German and that stubborn side showed through in all it's beautiful colors.

So the doctors, social works, and mom decided to release him under hospice care. I  know, I know. You hear the word hospice and your get this knot in your stomach that grows into almost making you want to throw up because hospice means immanent death.  Turns out, that hospice is really a way to manage the comfort of patients who are terminal.  Most die within weeks of hospice, but it can also be used on patients for months at a time.  Medicare will pay 100% hospice care, so the team decided that he was "good enough" to come home. He'd be on hospice for 6 months and at that time they'd re-evaluate him.  It was a win-win. The DadUnit got to come home. The MomUnit got the help she needed for the DadUnit at home.

The MomUnit just texted me to tell me they were on their way to the ER.  Apparently the DadUnit cannot get up or around (walk from the bedroom to the living room) without assistance of some sort. The walker isn't enough assistance and he requires physical assistance, which the MomUnit cannot provide (her back isn't healthy enough). So they are starting back at the beginning.  Watch this space for more information.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a list to get to.

0 comments: