Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Attitude is Everything

Today I completed day 3 of week 1 of the Couch 2 5K (C25K).  I must admit, jogging is getting easier.  The Skinny Butt Brigade and I took off at lunch today to do day 3. I was a bit anxious prior to leaving because I play unhelpful mind games with myself that just about sabotages my efforts.

Still, TOJ (The other Jenn) and Hot Lava (We created this nickname for her today while running) and I set out. Our route would take us 2.25 miles and 30 minutes.

I managed to run all 8 minute intervals...eventually. I had to stop for one of the intervals and stretch out a shin muscle that was complaining.  But I made that 20 seconds up before our cool down started.

It is getting easier. 

Getting motivated isn't my problem. I'm all 50 shades of motivated.  It's the patience I lack. I want to be a runner now! And I realize that my overweight frame, while jogging is helping to get rid of the overweight frame, is still learning to be active and healthy. I must be patient.  And I must not jog/walk every day. TOJ has already reprimanded me for doing so.  The last thing I want is to get injured so I can't jog.

We signed up for a 5K in October.  In no way, shape or form am I going to be ready to run a 5K on Oct 5th. BUT, I can, and will, give it a try. The Shrinking Butt Brigade plans to walk as much as I need, but we figured it's for the Day of Giving at Hotel Californiasoft, so might as well do it. Besides we get t-shirts AND drinks after. I'm all in.

The most difficult part of running for me is the breathing. I really need to learn how to breath correctly so as to not pant.  I was telling another friend this the other day and her response was, "don't run."

The 3Day is just two days away. I think Sparky is all set. I think I'm all set, and I think the co-pilots are all set.  I'm sure I'll be posting photos soon.

0 comments: