Monday, September 10, 2012

I Don't Care if Monday's Blue...

The title is a song stuck in my head thanks to a FB post from Patron Saint of the Smart Mouths.

Moving on.

When last we spoke I was dying. Not literally, but it felt like every muscle and every ounce of my being was sore. My eye lashes even hurt! Scouts honor! They did.

I was questioning with every painful step on Thursday what the heck I was thinking and how on earth was I going to every jog again.

Friday came and the sun rose high in the sky bringing with it HOT temperatures for the Seattle area in September.  Yet, the Shrinking Butt Brigade did not shrink from jogging in the 91 degree temperature on Friday.  TOJ (The Other Jenn) was saying that she heard that when you run on the road in hot weather you should add another 20 degrees to the temperature, that would be about what it felt like. 111 degree weather we were "jogging" in.

And I say "jogging" because I didn't do so well on Friday. It was hot for me.  I only did one full minute of jogging and it was towards the end. The other 5 I managed 40 seconds and had to stop. I really need to get my breathing under control.  TOJ was trying to tell me to breath deep in through my nose and out through my mouth...slowly. But when one is panting, one cannot breath slowly.

The amazing part of jogging on Friday, I wasn't sore after. And Saturday I was up early and out the door without being sore!  Me thinks there's something to this.

Saturday was the Street Team Day for the 3day. Basically teams walking parts of the route putting up flyers saying we would be in their neighborhood.  Princess Lori and I decided this would be a GREAT opportunity to try out our costumes. And boy am I glad we did.

Sparky looks pretty cool I think.   The cape off the back however, had issues.  The air passes over the car by the sides, and then swoops around the back end and comes forward.  That pushed the cape forward and into the back seat.  We couldn't have that. So Princess Lori and I fixed it. She sewed shoe laces into the fabric about 5 inches up from the ends, and I'll tie those around the spoiler in the back. Voila!

As for the costumes.... mine didn't have any problems. Well, besides that it's crazy.

 So a couple of minor wardrobe fixes for me and I should be all set for the 3day this coming weekend.  The Niece and her friend is coming to be my co-pilots for stalking. It'll be an odd year of stalking. BigBro is walking solo cuz SSIL is a Sweep Van volunteer this year (basically the vans that drive up and down the route picking up tired, broken walkers).  And Blueberry will be walking with Flamingo Road. So whereas last year we could find all three of them walking pretty easily, this year is any body's guess.

And lastly this past Sunday was Sunday dinner. It snuck up on me this month. The second Sunday came up quicker than it seemed to in other months. Still I managed.  The best part of Sunday dinner...besides the craze-EEEs that join me....
Left to Right: BigBro, me, Newcome SM, Blueberry, Mrs. Atlanta (and her puppy Zoey), Seattle SIL, Mr. Atlanta, Princess Lori, The Yank and PhotoGirl. Oh and P-Dot resting on Princess Lori's pink sneaker!

Are these...

Chocolate

Covered

Smores


 
OMG these were good.  I put peanut butter in a couple of them too and word around the house was the PB with the marshmallow and chocolate was to die for.  I may have to make these again and experiment with fillings. Nutella was brought up as a potential good feeling...that sounds delicious to me.

Also on the menu was citrus grilled chicken (made by your's truly), grilled veggies and grilled watermelon (thanks Mr. and Mrs. Atlanta), some tasty salads (thanks PhotoGirl and the Yank and newcomer SM), and fruit (Thanks BigBro and SSIL) and lastly, some wedged regular watermelon (thanks Princess Lori).

 
For the appetizer, I made the 7-layer Salad dip again.  This time it was even better than last time. I used almost all low-cal ingredients - the one exception being the bacon.  But it ended up with only about a half of cup left when all was said and done last night.

Yum!

And in case you haven't been keeping track, there's only 30 more days until the cruise!!!

0 comments: