Monday, October 14, 2013

Finally Friday

Wow. hi. Remember me? Again, I come to the blog begging for forgiveness for not writing as much as I'd like.  Its funny really because I have a list of blog topics that I'd love to write about, yet every time I sit to write about them my mind goes blank.  I do a lot of thinking/writing as I'm falling asleep at night and by morning I forget.  Me thinks I should get a recorder to have by my bed so I can chat into it my thoughts.  I already have a journal, but that's proved useless.

Anywhoo....

Let's see, what has happened since the 3day...not much but enough to chat about.  Stealing a page from The Patron Saint's blog...you get a list.

1. One of the most exciting things I've done is "hired" an interior designer.  She's a young gal eager to use her skills and is quite inexpensive.  I've always had this inner dream of having someone come in and decorate my place. I can scrapbook and match colors with the best of them, but doing it in my home I just can't do.

She and I met, we discussed what I'd like to accomplish and off she went. We'll be meeting again on Monday to chat about her suggestions for my living room. I can't wait.

2.  Working from home has it's ups and downs. The up is, well working from home. The down is I miss all the social interaction with working in an office. The way to fix that is to go to lunch with friends.  I seem to now be going to lunch several times a week.  I find it somewhat amusing that by working from home -where fixing lunch would be easy - I am instead going out to lunch. Whereas when I was in the office, I ate at my desk more often with food from home. 

3. I spent a day wondering around Ballard and the Seattle Public Library with my friend Meg-A-Roonie.  She and I met for lunch at this BBQ joint in Ballard called Bitterroot BBQ.  Decent food but one helluva spicy bloody Mary.  I think my lips are still burning.

It was raining that day, and was one of the last days for the Ballard Farmer's Market. So we strolled the market and finally decided it was too wet.  Off we went to the Seattle Public Library. For like the first time ever I won't post photos of the event, but please do go check them out

4. This months dinner club selection was mine to make.  I'm a big fan of the restaurant Purple here and found the owners opened a new restaurant near by called The Commons.  Figured it would have the same quality food as Purple.  I would not be disappointed.  While the service was questionable the food was delicious.  I highly recommend checking it out.

5. Crab hats are going to be on the prowl this weekend. We're heading to the Mt. Rainer Scenic Railroad for our next adventure. I'll keep you posted.

So there you have it. A list.  I'll try to get to blogging more, but I can't be responsible for myself apparently.

Happy Friday.

PS - actually posting this on Monday since the interweb was giving me fits on Friday.

0 comments: