Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

I think the scariest thing I could do today is actually blog.  I start blogs on a regular basis then I get distracted (ooo a butterfly) and I never go back. Today though, I'm committed. I'm going to finish this blog. 

Presently I'm sitting in a lounge in bldg 121 at Hotel Californiasoft waiting for a meeting to start.  This lounge has some interesting things going on with it. For starters the room is lined with chairs and couches. A couple of round tables are placed here and there. But the best part is in the middle of the floor (the middle of the lounge) is where the plug in is. So right now it kinda looks like a big spider with about 6 plugs coming out of it. Appropriate I think.

Since we last spoke, I've done a few things...at least I think I have. Last Saturday, for example, Sparky and I headed north to Bellingham for my friend P's Harvest Dinner. He has them every year and every year I seem to be doing something else. Finally I put it on the calendar and the fates got me there. Boy am I glad I did too.

Meet Mr. Prime Rib.
P drives all the way to Twisp (at least a 5 hour trip for him one way) to get the meat for this meal. And let me tell you, probably the best prime rib I've every had. Sooo good.

I met a ton of his "friends" and found them all amusing and entertaining. I'm going to have to make this an annual pilgrimage to this dinner.

Let's see what else...oh yah, the Pumpkin Carving Sunday Dinner.

Oddly enough most of us did the traditional pumpkin face this year. In years past we've had a little bit of everything. This year I think we were all too tired.

The Landlords brought their two little puppies and so the kitties wanted to play and/or eat them - I'm still not sure. Linus was all shades of interested in them and what they were. In fact, if you look close you can read his mind. He's asking, "can we keep them mom?".


So that's about it for me. I'll do my very best to be more updated on this blog. It's just that I don't seem to have the motivation I used to. I need to find it again. I miss you guys.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear you about the motivation. I suddenly have a TON to do in a short time - scrapbooks, packing up our rooms, figuring out what we need to move into my parents' place for a while. I don't want to abandon my blog entirely, but even posting once a week has been hard lately!