Tuesday, September 16, 2014

In a blink of the eye...

Wah BAM...just like that 10 days has past since I last posted.  Golly...where have I been? And more importantly what else have I been doing? **rushes to find her calendar cuz she can't remember**

ahem...

It appears that I've not been overly busy and thus have no reason for not blogging. Unless you figure doing things means blogging. But as we all know, I can make sh*t up for this blog.

Right, so the week following my last post was full of food. No big shock there, I mean I do socialize around food.

First I met my friend KA for breakfast. She had asked if I would take a head shot of her for her business. Of course I was happy to. And as is the case, when the subject is beautiful, the head shot is beautiful.  It was a blast getting caught up with her, as always.

Following that eating adventure, we had the September Dinner Club. Mr. Landlord was on point to pick the restaurant.  He picked Scotty Brown's in Bellevue. It's relatively new and I've gotta say, I wasn't overly impressed.

I was quite excited to taste their Orange Cosmo.  Turns out it tasted just like a Cosmo. I tasted no additional orange in it. It was still delicious, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't classify it as "orange." 

I had their French dip Sammy and their twice cooked fries. They have some special name for them and when the waitress explained how they make them, I thought they sounded quite good. I would later determine that they were putting a whole lot of effort into making these fries that tasted like every other fry.

At any rate, the conversation was good and we did, as always, have a good time. SB's won't be getting my repeat business though...too many other restaurants to try.

It's my pick next month and my pick is taking us to Ballard - and if you're from Seattle you know that getting to Ballard on a week night is a bit of a struggle, so we're moving it to a Saturday.  And my pick? Oh I'm so glad you asked. I totally picked this restaurant because they have Muffaletta's on their menu.

So after dinner club last week I got a chance to have dinner with another friend to get caught up. R and I have had a heck of a time getting our schedules to sync. Finally we did and while sitting on the deck of The Beach Café we got all caught up.  I can't wait to get on her calendar again.

This past weekend came and went in a blur. I did almost nothing...and loved every single minute of it.  I like not over planning and it gave me a chance to get started on this month's book for book club.  It's another 400+ pager...we really need to stop picking such large books. 

This coming weekend is the 3Day. All week I will be prepping for the 3 long, glorious days.  The Niece and her wife come on Thursday and I need to get the house in order for them. It's going to be a tough 3 day without BigBro this year, and I'm sure we'll be filled with memories, good and bad, of him.  He lived and breathed the 3Day and all things breast cancer...he'll be with us I suppose.

0 comments: