Friday, May 08, 2015

Meanwhile... in Redmond

Since I've not written a lot lately, and apparently I'm boring...I'm going to give you an episode of "Currently"...

LISTENING
Cousin K posted a song on FB today from Nickelback called Burn it to the Ground...and well needless to say it's stuck in my noggin. I must put this song on my "Top's Down Sunny Day" playlist.

Also listening to Linus wig out. He's got a bit of the crazies tonight and is flying around the house yeowling...

READING
I just finished the world's longest book...ok, maybe not. But The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt. Was it a good book? Absolutely. Would I recommend it? You bet. Is it my favorite I've read recently? Nope.

That honor goes to Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty.  This was our book club book this month. I've ready two other books by this author (What Alice Forgot and The Husband's Secret) and loved them both. THIS book put me over the edge with her. This book has a great story line, touching on domestic violence and bullying, all the while throwing in the resilience of female relationships and WHAM a twist that I did not see coming. It's a quick read and I highly recommend it.

EATING
Poorly. That's what I'm eating. I've gotten into this horrible habit of participating in the subsidized lunch program at work. So I lazy out in planning lunches. I...have...got...to...get...better...at...planning. It's not about the money more so about the choices I make. The places on the list, while delicious, don't really - well let's put it this way...I don't make good choices at these places because they have some delicious food.

Also...I found a row of thin mints in the pantry and have now, in two nights, ate the entire row.

LOVING
So I got the demons this new cat tent so they can play outside. I think they'll really love it once they get used to it. Right now they look at me like I've put them in prison or something. What I love even more is the hours of entertainment I'm getting by watching dingledork (aka Linus) figure out how to get in and out of it. It's not hard. There's a big door. But he can't seem to figure it out and tries to "escape" by running in any direction and consequently running into the mesh wall at full speed. I laugh my ass off every time he does it and have YET to get it on video.

CONTEMPLATING
Right now I'm contemplating my lack of motivation to get to my killer gym. It started the week before vacation...and by "started" I mean not going. Here we are 2 almost 3 weeks since I've been back and I've not gone once. I keep promising myself I will and I don't. I come up with any number of reasons to not. So my contemplation is what's stopping me. Where's that motivation I need hidden? Why can't I just go? It's not like I hate it. In fact, I actually love it. And I know....I KNOW I'll feel great after.  So here I sit, typing out a blog instead of working out...

Overall though...life is pretty awesome currently and I just can't complain about anything. Well, I could. But I won't.

0 comments: