Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Scotland...it's here

I cannot believe that Friday morning I'll be on a plane to Scotland. Seems like just yesterday SIL and I decided to go to Scotland. Man time sure did fly.

This will be a different trip in that we have more with us. Blueberry, My lil' sis, SIL and I are all going to take Scotland by storm. It may never be the same again.

I'm 98% packed. I still have some last minute things to throw in a suitcase, but by and large, I'm packed!

The lead up to this trip has been unlike all others. Work didn't allow me extra time do my normal research and I'm feeling a bit "behind". But never fear, I have a plan. I took tomorrow off so all day I can research, finish packing and generally get into the Scotland spirit. I'm leaving work behind.

I'm usually pretty good about checking out when I go on these long vacations. About a week in I get curious what's happening, and may peak into my email. This time I don't plan on doing a think. I turned my email off of my phone (which won't work in Scotland anyhow) and plan on NOT visiting our internet email site to "check in". I promised some folks photos, and will send those from my personal email only.

Another BIG decision I made is to NOT bring my big camera. My Canon and I had issues last trip in that it's just getting too big and too cumbersome to carry around for a trip like this. So I purchased a Lumix ZS100 (made by Panasonic) shortly after we returned from Ireland. It takes fantastic photos. It has everything I need. So I made the brave decision to  leave the Canon at home.  One side of me wants to bring it "just in case" and the other side of me says, "No need. You're good." It'll come down to the moment I'm walking out the door. My photos are very important to me, so I want to be sure I'm confident of the camera.

And with that...the next time you hear from me I'll be writing from Scotland. Woot!

0 comments: