Friday, July 19, 2019

15

I'm rounding up.

My goal was to be 15 lbs down by today and I'm 14.8...so I'm rounding up. One good pee and it would be 15.

I feel great. I'm happy at my progress and proud of myself for sticking to this. I'm convinced this is the right path for me and I'm going to keep pushing forward.

In other non low carb related news, I've been reading like a crazy person. Summer is often full of reruns on TV. I've been known to leave the TV on and completely veg in front of it. I decided about 5 weeks ago to turn off the TV. I watch the news, and maybe a couple little shows, but turn it off by 7. Then I read. I've ready 10 books in the past 5 weeks. Not all are literary WOWs, but some are. I don't have any "rules" around reading heavier books over mushy books. I just want to keep reading and keep the TV off.

Some of my favorites:
The Light Between Oceans. This is the book club book for this month and I was hooked. It's a great story that builds slowly, peaks then let's you down easy. I adored this book.

Speak This is book's audience is probably more teens, but I found it interesting. It's about a girl, a rumor, and the truth. Easy quick read.

Echoes BY FAR the best book I've ready all year. I love Maeve Binchy and this book did not disappoint. I found myself when I was done wondering if the characters made it to the city. I got wrapped up in the lives and the story.

The Girl You Left Behind. Ohhhh this book. I can still feel how I felt when reading this book. Jojo Moyes also wrote Me Before You - which I loved. So I wasn't too surprised this was such a good book. It takes place in WWII and the story is so delicate and so raw that I couldn't put it down.

So get reading. Got any recommendations?

0 comments: