Sunday, July 07, 2019

First 4 weeks of the rest of my life

I have officially been eating low carb / high protein for 4 weeks. A lot has changed in those 4 weeks. Here's a small list...


  1. Heard the big "D" word...
  2. Lost 12 lbs
  3. Averaged 68 grams of carbs (should be between 50 - 70)
  4. Averaged 87 grams of protein (should be closer to 110)
  5. Way too many eggs eaten - blech
  6. Averaged 3 gym visits a week
  7. Feel fantastic!
  8. Learned that eating carbs in large amounts makes me sick
  9. I can do this!


It's been quite a trip for 4 weeks. I've learned a lot about food, what's in it, what to avoid, what to eat more of, etc. I have a lot more to learn.

I've learned my body doesn't like large amounts of carbs anymore. The Saturday's when I allowed myself to eat carbs I've felt like crap. So not worth it anymore. And I don't seem to crave it as much now as I did. Though after a big workout I really crave salt and my salt go to has always been chips.

I've learned to read labels. In fact, I fell for some marketing around cauliflower pasta. I was all excited to try it. Only to find out it has as many carbs as regular pasta. You gotta read what's in it. The "diet" world is sneaky and they will misinform.

I probably have a lot more to learn and I look forward to what my life holds ahead of me...with less carbs in me.


0 comments: