Monday, October 26, 2020

October Currently

Well, here we are a week before the election. The number of folks who have voted is off the charts. I think people are finally waking up and realizing they might have a say. Regardless of which side you fall, voting is a privilege and everyone should get out and do just that. 

Because everyone is likely tired of politics, let's do a "Currently" list for October. 

Loving: Fall. Fall is my favorite season. The colors that tend to explode here in the PNW is always so beautiful. In addition, I love to see everyone's photos from around the world of their beautiful fall weather. What is different this year is it's like we skipped fall and went directly into winter. It's been a cold couple of days. But I wouldn't expect anything less from 2020. 

Watching: I'm late to the game, but am binge watching Chicago PD. I stumbled onto it on day and watched several episodes in the middle of a season, then decided I needed to know what the heck was going on. So I started from the beginning. 

Listening: I've finally moved into my office in the new place. And by "office" I mean my scrapbook room. In unpacking, I specifically set it up so half my desk is work related and half is scrap related. Since I've moved up here, I've been listening to Pandora's Eagles Rock station. Basically 70's music. It really is less distracting to have music going in the background instead of the TV. 

Eating: New recipes. I had a goal of trying 100 new recipes this year. I just cooked my 87th recipe. 13 to go...I should have no problem hitting that between now and Dec 31st. We also just did the the annual Hunting Wives dinner - chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes&gravy, and corn. The usual suspects were here to enjoy it. One of the usual suspects suggested that we don't have to do this mean only once a year. I like the way she thinks. 

Drinking: Oddly, not wine. I've not unpacked the bar yet. Still waiting for it to show up this week. Instead, I've been a wee bit addicted to the Crystal Light Peach Ice Tea. Though I only really make one packet a week and when that's gone I do water. Lots and lots of water. 

Going: No where. We're still a bit locked down thanks to Covid. Though we did just take a brief trip south to visit some cousins, but that's it. No plans for travel. Which sucks really. I just hope we are in a good place to take our big trip next May. If you would have asked me in April when we were debating on whether we should go or not (ultimately it was decided for us), I would not have thought we'd still be in a position where we might not get to go. 

Reading: I'm not going to hit my goal of 15,000 pages (around 50 books). I think I wasted too much time watching TV while being locked down that I missed an opportunity to read. Still, I've kept up on all the book club books and have been able to read about 38 books so far this year. I mean, maybe I can get 12 in 9 weeks. I am taking time off in November and Dec. Huh? Maybe I can hit this goal after all. 

What I'm actually reading now is Notorious RBG. It's a book club book and I'm loving it. What hit me the most is how audacious she was in the 60's and 70's to have so much confidence to push against what was considered traditional woman roles. Man, she was something else. A true pioneer for woman rights (and men rights actually).

So there you go...all caught up.

0 comments: