Sunday, January 01, 2023

2022 Favorite Books and other goals

 Happy New Year! When the clock rang midnight, a new ready goal is begun. This year, like the last several, I'm sticking to my 50 books read in a year. And as with each year, I'm going to try to not wait until the last couple of months and find myself having to read 10+ books to hit my goal. 

So, like any good project manager, I've broken my goal into quarters. To keep on track I have to read 12.5 books a quarter. That's doable. 

My second reading goal is to visit the local library. I mean, I have a library card. It is only a mile away and browsing books often means I find new authors to read. In addition, getting at least the book club books at the library saves me $$, which is also a goal. 

I have no goals around WHAT I read. I am doing Book Bingo again though. It never really drives what I read, it's more a happy coincidence when I read a book that is also on the Bingo board. 



2022 had many good books for me. And some horrible books. I read all the book club books - none of them I disliking so much I couldn't finish it. 

Here are my Top 10 favorites for 2022. Bold are the top 3 favorites.
  1. Dear Edward - Ann Napolitano - An interesting story line about survival and how you learn to deal with trauma.
  2. Everything We Keep - Kerry Lonsdale - I liked the mystery in this book. I thought I knew what happened, but I was wrong. 
  3. I Found You - Lisa Jewell - Lisa Jewell is one of my favorite authors. She did not disappoint with this book. I read this one quickly.
  4. In an Instant - Suzanne Redfearn - This one leaves you with a question of "what would you do?"
  5. Magic Hour - Kristin Hannah - I loved the characters in this book and how they all struggle to know and feel love. It's a book about survival and how much inner strength we each can have.
  6. The Exiles - Christina Baker Kline - This one had a twist in the middle of the book I did not see coming. I thought I knew which character this book was about, and I was way wrong. 
  7. The Girl from Ballymor - Kathleen McGurl - This book stuck with me for some reason. I felt like the characters and I became friends.
  8. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo - Taylor Jenkins Reid - Such a good book with a nice little twist I did not see coming.
  9. Verity - Colleen Hoover - By the end of this one, I was blown away with more questions than answers. A nice twist that some could see coming, but not the twist you think. 
  10. We all Want Impossible Thinks - Catherine Newman - This one made me cry like nobody's business.
Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get to reading.

0 comments: