Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Ouch!

Forgive me friends, for I have sinned. Its been 10 days since my last confess - er - post. I've had unpure thoughts (thank heavens), I've thought badly of others (they deserved it) and I've cussed about 7 THOUSAND times ( I haven't found a new job).

There, all absolved. Or is it obsolved...ah who cares.

So this weekend was the big Top 10 Worst songs as voted by use the fans. And bad they were. I won't post the entire witty commentary by my love Dudley, (you can read it by clicking here)but here it goes. Oh wait, before I go any further. This year the boys of DMQ surprised the world by dressing up as Culture Club (in past years they've been Spinal Tap, Duran Duran, The Go Go's, Darryl Hall and the John Oats'es, and Robert Palmer and his girls.) But DMQ had it all, right down to the funky Boy Geoge Hair. Its really hard to see in the photo, but squit a little.


Top 10 Worst10. I'm too Sexy by Right Said Fred - This was one of my songs I religiously voted on for it to make the Top 10 and it did. Dudley Manlove had their Bass player sing this song...and sadly he can't sing very well either.

9. "Hooked on a Feeling" – Blue Swede

8. "Barbie Girl" – Aqua - This was my second song I voted on religiously to see DMQ sing. Thought it would quite amusing to see the boys sing this song...and I was right. It was rather amusing.

7. "Hollaback Girl" – Gwen Stefani

6. "Never Gonna Give You Up" – Rick Astley

5. "Baby I’m a-Want You" – Bread

4. "Tie a Yellow Ribbon Round the Ole Oak Tree" – Dawn featuring Tony Orlando

3. "P.Y.T (Pretty Young Thing)" – Michael Jackson

2. "You Make Me Feel Like Dancing" – Leo Sayer

1. "Final Countdown" – Europe (1987, #8, #67)
Here it is, the top dog. The big kahuna. "Final Countdown" joins an impressive list of songs, including "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)," "(You’re) Having My Baby," "Footloose" and "Don’t Stop Believin’" as the Worst Song of All Time. Congratulations, boys. You’ve earned this honor.

So all in all it was a fantastic night...well except for their opening band which SUCKED. But there was a young man, of whom I think had a face, who wore a hospital gown with nothing on underneath. It was like a car accident, I couldn't stop staring. Yum-O! As you can see we didn't dress up. Well, not really. I did dress up as the Wife of Paul Jensen. But he didn't recognize me because I took off the Stalker outfit for the show.


Sherrie, Me and Mike at the DMQ show.

1 comments:

Ken La Salle said...

Sounds like fun. Vicky and I stayed home and she gave out candy... NO! NOT to me!!! :(