Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Major Slacker Alert

Its hard to believe it's been a week since I last wrote. I assure you its not because I don't love you all and want you to not feel left out of the exciting things that are going on in my life. No. It's not that at all.

Instead its just been laziness on my part.  Let's look at the last week.

This past weekend I spent a good chunk of time cleaning. It is almost spring and I, like many, feel the need to clean. Why is that exactly?  It all started because my shower drain was clogged.  I put on my plumber hat and proceeded to clean the beast out. It was, for lack of a better word, disgusting.  But I cleaned it out and figured while I was down there, I might as well scrub the shower.  Which led to scrubbing the entire bathroom, which led to scrubbing the other two bathrooms, which led to scrubbing the cabinets in the kitchen.  I now have some very sparkly parts of my house, and dry hands. 

I had several lunch dates last week. Not the "dates" you are thinking. No instead I had lunches with friends. It just happened to work out that last week was Lunch Week.  Lunch with Mrs. Not So Newlywed. Followed by lunch with BeagleBabe and another former co-worker.  Followed by lunch with Texas and Heater. Good times.  The result was getting caught up with many of my favorite people, and spending $$ that didn't need to get spent.

Speaking of that, I am just weeks away from being out of debt (not counting the car). I'm on a strict financial plan trying to get the credit card debt gone and savings started for my 100 days off I have to take starting in July. (If you're not from this area let me explain. Hotel Californiasoft was sued in the 90's by contract workers claiming they were working for Hotel Californiasoft for years with non of the benefits as employees.  So the ruling became that contract workers could only work for 365 days and would then be required to take 100 days off.  Of course that 100 days off means your job may not be available to you. In the end, the complaining contract workers ended up shooting themselves in the foot.) In the end, I'm saving to live for 3 months without employment. I'll get unemployment, but that won't cover everything. I'm actually doing really well and am so happy to see the progress.

This past Saturday we celebrated one of my nieces turning 21. I'm still trying to figure out how she's 21. They grow up so fast.  They start having their own ideas, opinions, and lives.  It's been interesting watching her grow into a young woman. Many decisions she's made I wouldn't have made, but not everyone can be as awesome as me. Still, in the end, right or wrong decisions, she's staying in school and getting her nursing degree and I couldn't be more proud of her.

This weekend I have a "paying" photography gig. BeagleBabe has hired me to shoot her husband's 40th birthday at this fancy pants restaurant in Seattle.  She's not only feeding me (which would be payment enough) but she's also paying me for the actual photography effort.  Excited and nervous at the same time.  It'll be a challenge for me as candids aren't my strong suit.  But I've been reading up on tips for taking candids and surfing the web for examples.  I'll be good to go by Saturday.

That's it. That's all I've got. See not too overly exciting. You haven't missed too much!

0 comments: