Monday, March 21, 2011

When I ruled the world...

I'm going to start titling my blog posts with song lyrics that are stuck in my noggin. They won't make any sense and will therefore match most of my blogs...not making any sense that is...

This weekend flew by in a blur.  Not sure I'm at all happy about that, cuz here I sit on Monday wondering what on earth happened to the last two days. And let's not discuss the last 3 months. 

Saturday night we were supposed to have a "super" moon here in the Northwest (not sure if it was everywhere, but I suspect it was). After dining with Bluberry at the Keg I high-tailed it to a local park with my camera and tripod in hand.

As I sat there in the very dark and very empty park I kinda freaked myself out.  I started thinking about things like, "Didn't Ted Bundy visit this park?" followed by, "How long would it be before anyone noticed I was gone?"  I can't say that sitting in a dark, empty park was the brightest thing I did all year, but there I sat.

Eventually a couple of other cars started to pull in and it was obvious other folks were there to witness this "super" moon.

It finally rose and I had the camera poised and ready. Suddenly I realized I didn't have a clue how to shoot this moon. So I fussed with the camera and tried a number of combinations and got not one single good shot. Not one. 

I didn't leave empty handed though. I did learn one thing:  when shooting in the dark...bring a flashlight!

Earlier Saturday I spent some time at a local Ford dealership. See it was sunny in Seattle, which doesn't happen all that often this early in the spring. But since it was nice, the sun was shining, I got that itch. That convertible itch.  I will own a convertible some day. Some day soon too.  A few cards have to fall into place, and if they do, I will be driving around town with my top down.

Sunday I spent most the day cleaning the house. I had kept it surprisingly clean last week so I didn't have to do much.  Still on my spring cleaning kick though, I decided to scrub down the grill. What a mess!  But now it's clean, my hands hurt from the scrubbing, but I can now grill again.

Blueberry came by to scrapbook.  She has had some computer problems so what she fussed with her computer...talking to it and herself...I scrapbooked.  She finally got down to scrapbooking several hours AFTER she showed up (though I should mention we took a break for dinner and a break to help her brother get some more things he's storing in my garage out).  In the time she did 2 pages, I completed about 6. She needs to get in a rhythm and then she'll be off to the races.

I had a weak moment too that will most likely come back to haunt me.  I offered to do her 3Day scrapbook for LAST year's walk. This year's walk will be her 4th year and she'll never EVER get her scrapbooks done for the walks. So with her birthday coming up and me not having any good ideas what to do for her birthday, I caved and offered to do one of her scrapbooks.  I did put a few stipulations on it though, which she agreed to...so we'll see.

And last, but not least, I finished polishing up the photos from the birthday bash photography gig.  I posted them and BeagleBabe informed me that she was pleased with them. So that's good.  I wasn't 100% happy with them, but can say with all certainty that I learned a lot from doing the shoot.  Now just have to get some more experience under my belt and I'll be off and running.  I did do some research into setting up a business in Washington...they must not want people to set up small businesses because the site was REDONKULOUSly confusing.  I'll spend some more time soon...maybe.

And with that... I'm off to rule the world...

0 comments: