Monday, July 25, 2011

85 to 65 in 24 hours

I've been told I am not allowed to complain about Seattle's "cool" weather considering how half the nation is boiling. 

However, being from Seattle, I'm going to at least comment that it baffles the mind that we've yet to see a summer that lasts longer than two days.  Yesterday Sparky's thermometer read 85 around 5pm.  Today, at about 7:30am it read 62.  And we have thunder! Crazy Seattle weather. Of which I wouldn't trade anything for it. 

They say nothings more beautiful than Seattle on a sunny day.
Its possible that it's true.

Let's see, what's happened since the last blog entry.

The DadUnit is still in the hospital and is not doing overly well. We had problems with his blood sugar crashing last week, concerns his blood pressure was too low and he's  not eating that much.  The MomUnit, understandably, is concerned. She put the call out to us kids and is allowing us to make the decision is we want to come see the DadUnit or not.  She's concerned about crying wolf that these may be his final days, but she'd hate herself if she didn't. I think she made the right call. Even if the DadUnit lives for another 10 years, I see nothing wrong with his kids spending more time with him.

I leave for Tucson Aug 4.

Yesterday was the monthly PhotoGods outing. I chose Seattle skyline at sunset as this months theme.  I learned I'm not patient when it comes to the sun going down.  But when it goes down in Seattle, it does take it's time.




This week will be full of a whole lot of lunch dates, coffee dates, and a trip to Bellingham to end the week.  Yesterday was half way through this 100 day break. Can you believe it? I'm on the downward slope back to work.

0 comments: