Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Boys

For years I've loved dogs. Most importantly I've loved Golden Retrievers.  There's something about Goldens that just sets my heart to pitter pat.  They're beautiful dogs to me. 

I drove all the way to Bellingham to meet two new Goldens - oh and to see my friends Paul and Suzanna - but don't tell them, I really went up to see the boys.

Meet Oggy and Rowen
Now which one's which? Um the one on the left is Rowan. Now wait, that's Oggy. Rowan has a scar on his now so the one on the right is Rowan. Or is that Oggy.  Gah! All I know is there's a plastic bone sitting between them.

These two boys were delightful. They're about 18 months and still very much puppy.

When I arrived at the boys house on Friday evening, Oggy was being grounded. Apparently he decided that while he was left in this beautiful house all day he'd chew up the wall.

Yes, you read that correctly, he chewed up the wall.  Paul and Suzanna were furious with him and scolded him to no end. All night Paul kept telling Oggy he was going to the pound in the morning.  We knew he'd never do that to sweet Oggy.  It is a good thing they're so darn cute though, or he may have.  Meanwhile Rowan just sat with his gorgeous innocent looking face.

This morning I was nursing a wee hang-over when Paul took the dogs out back for the morning, um, "meditation" well say.

He came back in shaking his head and said, "I'll be damned." I pressed for more information than an "I'll be damned."  Turns out poop does not lie.  ROWAN had paint chips and wood in his - um - meditation materials.  Paul just shook his head and laughed at how he chastised poor Oggy over night and it turns out Rowan was the chewer.  Although Oggy wasn't completely innocent since there were paint chips in his mouth when they discovered their new all decor.

Oh and Oggy thinks he's a lap dog.  I sat on the couch and within seconds he was sitting on my lap and almost asleep.  I melted and wanted to smuggle him out of the house and into the waiting car outside.

These two boys are certainly a handful, but such beautiful and good dogs.  They fight and play with each other all ... the... time...so darn cute.


And as I was leaving, both of them stared out the window begging me to take them.  If only Pookie would understand, and if only they didn't shed so much, and if only I would have let them ride in Sparky.

0 comments: