Saturday, November 24, 2012

A little bit of this and a little bit of that...

So a lot has happened since Nov 11. I'll get you caught up over the next couple of days, but I wanted to just check in to make sure my one reader knew I was still a blogger.  I have a lot I want to say and can't seem to find the time to put it all together.

This weekend was Thanksgiving.  I hosted a turkey day at my house for the Pantry Goat, her mother and the LandLords.  Thanksgiving dinner is an easy one for me. It's full of traditions though and I find myself smiling throughout the day thinking of all the traditions.

So many people get wrapped around the axle when it comes to Thanksgiving dinner.  And as a project manager I can say one thing, it comes down to planning.  Really. It does. The process to cook a Thanksgiving dinner can be broken down into simple little work packages and put into a work breakdown structure. And I just totally PM-geeked out.  Sorry. I can't help myself.

This year I found myself thinking about what I am thankful for. So many friends are doing 30 days of Thankful on Facebook that it got me to thinking about what I'm thankful for. I'm not sure I can name 30 things, but I can sure give it an ol' college try.

1. My parents.  I miss dad a lot this Thanksgiving and will continue to miss his presence for every holiday here on out. But beyond just having great parents who raised me well, I'm thankful for them teaching me how to cook so I can make a Thanksgiving day dinner.l

2. My family.  While we don't always like our family. It's given to us instead of us picking them.  I'm mostly ok with most my family (now those who read this are wondering if they're in that list).  At the end of the day though, they're your family. Like them or not.

3. My job. Without which I couldn't live where I live, do things I do, and be who I am.

4. My healthy.  Still working on making it better, but am every so thankful for what has taken place this year with my weight loss.

5. My cat. I know. That's corny. But I love the little bugger. He's slowing way down these days and it makes me said. He's got his own Facebook page now too.  He's really giving his last years his all.

Five is good.  Those are the most important ones to me today. Tomorrow may be entirely different but for today, that'll do.

Over the next couple of weeks I'll be recounting my days in San Diego.  We had a blast and I can't wait to share the adventures and photos with you. Until then...nighty night.

0 comments: