Tuesday, November 27, 2012

San Juan Capistrano

It should not surprise you that the first thing I found by the mission of San Juan Capistrano is a Starbucks.  This girl needed her coffee fix.

If you've never heard of the Mission San Juan Capistrano, let me tell you a bit about it.

It's old.

It's a mission.

Swallows come back to this mission every year.

It's apparently a miracle.

The story begins in 1775, when Mission San Juan Capistrano was first founded by Father Lasuen, on October 30th.  I won't bore you with all the details, but suffice it to say, this place was amazing to me.

We had these audio devices that you can press a number in and they'd tell you about what you are seeing.  That lasted with me for about the first 16, then I gave up. There was too much there I wanted to photograph.

If you wanna read about the history, feel free.








  
 

 

 
The rest of the photos are here.

0 comments: