Friday, April 12, 2013

False Start

I could fill a small book on Blueberry stories.  She's a funny girl and considering how long we've been BFFs I think she could probably tell just as many stories about me.

In preparation for coming to Portland I sent Blueberry an email to set up when we're leaving.  Now, let me set the stage. 

I live in Redmond.

She lives about 20 miles north of me.

We're heading south to Portland. 

Got that!

So I sent Blueberry an email and said, "Let's leave from my house at 9am."

What does that say to you?  That SHE should meet at my house.

So by 9:20am I called her to find out where she was. She's late at times, but never that late.  She answered her phone and I  said, "Is everything ok?"

Her response, "Yah, why?"

"Are you on your way," I said.

Her response, "No I thought you were going to pick me up."

I was a bit speechless. I mean how does that make sense? Head north to head south? She admitted she totally misread my email.

After getting a good laugh over that, we finally got on the road at 10ish.

Our first stop was to Pine State Biscuits for lunch.



Can I just say? OH....MY....God!!!


Yah take a look at that. Go ahead. Drool. I'll wait. 

I know right? Its a piece of deep fried chicken in a biscuit with homemade ranch dressing. MMM. I'm so going back.  If I lived anywhere near this restaurant I'd weigh 5 thousand pounds.

We're staying in Hotel Deluxe in downtown. It's a nice, historic building. Very European feeling.  Our room is tiny and the bathroom is tiny. Its super  nice though and downtown. 

After taking a quick rest, we headed out to Powell's book store. In case you don't know, it's a bookstore that takes up a city block.  We walked in and were hit by the smell of old books.  We spent an hour or so in there and Blueberry left with a bag full of books. She's reading as I type in fact.

Then we found ourselves in need of coffee. And by "we" I mean "me".

Stumptown Coffee I guess is famous here in Portland. We found one and ordered ourselves some warm goodness.  And goodness it was.

0 comments: