Friday, November 01, 2013

Day 1 of blogging every day in November

Stop laughing. I'm going to give it a try and see if I can (as the Patron Saint said) "stretch my blogging muscle" and see if I can get back into the swing of it. 

It can't possibly be a lack of interesting things happening in my life.  THAT is for sure.

I can tell you what I have no new updates about:
1. Relationship status
2. Cats
3. cooking stuff

What I do have to tell you, ain't all that happy.

The MomUnit called last night to let me know my brother-in-law is in the hospital after having a seizure at the doctor's office.  After a CAT scan they found a mass in his brain. As of the conversation last night, that was all we knew.

Today we know its an arteriovenous malformation. Yah I had to look it up too. Its basically something he was born with - and one never knows until something happens (again I say, I think I need to go get a full body scan). Anyhow, it's basically a tangle of arteries and veins. It affects how much blood and oxygen the brain gets.  It sounds serious, but not life threatening to me. They'll do surgery to remove it and THAT is serious. To me anytime you start messing with the brain and a sharp knife ... it's serious.

BigBro seems to be getting by. He's now finished 4 chemo treatments and it seems to be getting worse before it gets better. Seattle SIL said that apparently that's how it goes when cancer is in the lungs.  Great. Last time I saw him his spirits were just ok.  He's not his normal self (who would be) but I'm hoping he fights this with every fiber of his being.

In exciting news, I selected my excursions (and paid for them) for our cruise in April. I can't WAIT for this cruise. It's definitely a once in a life time type of cruise and I'm planning on taking full advantage of it.

Don't be jealous...

I need to start doing some research on our stops and really decide if these are what I want to do.  According to Norwegian I can change these on the boat if I feel I want to. I doubt I will, but one never knows.

Okay...I'm outty for now. Gonna head home and finish out the work day with the kittens and a big cup of coffee.

Happy Dia de los Muertos everyone!!

0 comments: