Sunday, January 24, 2016

All is well on the home front

As I sit here thinking about what to write about, an aroma floats into the room.  I have a roast in the crock pot and it's been cooking for 8 hours. I can barely stand it. It smells so good and reminds me of winter weekends with Mom and Dad growing up. Ahhh how smells take you back.

Work is work. It's an oddly slow week for me and thus allowed me to have a free weekend. I needed it, so it's just fine by me. Next week should get a bit busier, but nothing I can't handle. My colleague and I have been evaluating a PM tool that I absolutely just love. That tool has single-handedly changed how I manage my day. They say it helps you work more efficiently, but I doubted that. Turns out, it sure does. When we started evaluating it, I dedicated myself to working with it wholeheartedly so that I could really improve my work/live balance. We're very close to getting the approval we need to purchase it - which, in and of itself has been a roller coaster.

On the 20th I took, and failed, the CIPP exam. I figured I would fail it first time out, so I wasn't disappointed or upset in any way. It does give me a good idea of what the test is like, and jeez-whiz is it detailed. Its one of the biggest complaints I've had in studying for it. They aren't just asking for you knowing the broad picture of privacy and the law of privacy...no they want you to know the nitty-gritty details. Of which, apparently, I did not.

No worries. I'll take it again. I want this certification, and I just need to really focus and study hard for the next round.

Because I have to wait a month before I can reschedule the exam, I decided to take this weekend off from everything.  I have had a laundry list of things I've wanted to do in the house, and finally got a chance to do just that. I de-furred the place, cleaned the kitchen, mopped, laundry, a bit of scrapbooking, and some reading not related to privacy. It feels good to be slightly free again.

oooo the crock pot buzzer just went off. Guess that means it's time to do some eating...

0 comments: