Sunday, January 31, 2016

Last day.....of JANUARY

In a blink of an eye...January is done. Whoa...slow this shit down!

So this last week was another Quarterly ThanksUnlimited at the job.  I do love that they do this monthly, but the quarterly one, for me, is even a bit better. More numbers are discussed, more is revealed and there sure seems to be a lot more people there.

But the best part of this is the unvealing of the Quarterly Star Award winner. This winner is voted on by the people. You may remember back in May I won this award...and this quarter....????

I WON IT AGAIN!

That's right! Me and our IT guy (dah, who wouldn't vote for your IT guy) won this. And again, I was stunned. I mean I know I do a good job. But that's just it...it's my job. I don't see myself as going above and beyond and what not. If I take a step out of my body and look at all that I'm doing, then yah, I'm kinda a big deal.

Truthfully though, I'm pretty happy about this. It does show that they see all my hard work and appreciate it. I'll go for months on this type of recognition.

Last time, they sang a version of California Girls to me. This year they sang a version of "Let's Dance" from David Bowie. Our HR gal is pretty clever when it comes to rewriting lyrics.

So in case you don't know the melody...

Now the lyrics...

Your Vote!
Gave us results we've never seen before

Because
We all pushed hard to make our best Q4

This Star's
IT magic topped the charts

This Star's 
PM smarts set her apart

Thanks Joe & Jenn you've earned our praise
Gave it your all with amazing grace
But what are we to do 
One parking space for two?
You've both been great, and now you rate
That single winning clap



Ok, maybe not her best, but it's pretty amusing. Oh and as to the parking spot? I told Joe I get in way earlier than him. His response was he controls my Internet connection. DOH!

Turns out he has a super secret parking spot so I get the spot.

And with that, bring on February!!! I'm ready for another month of crazy.

0 comments: