Sunday, January 03, 2016

Today we say farewell...

2016 isn't starting out as great as I had hoped.

Today the MomUnit had to say goodbye to her best friend and co-conspirator, Count Beau of Hershey. 

Beau was one of those dogs that every dog owner would love to have. He was mild in temperament and the best damn dog I've ever met. He loved his tennis ball and would run himself to death chasing it if you didn't stop throwing the darn thing.

He went everywhere with mom and dad. He traveled the US with them when they retired. He went to every appointment with mom, he visited the hospitals in Tucson to make others happy, and he stood by mom's side when she said goodbye to dad.

He was regal, smart, and so full of live that I would often forget he was a dog. Everyone loved him and everyone wanted to take him home. 

It's a sad day for us Wraspir's...we'll miss you Beau. Say hi to the other Wraspir animals on the other side (Sylvester, Toby, Josephine, Jose, Juanito, Babe, Pookie, etc)

In other news, I am back to focusing on my high protein/low carb eating lifestyle. I fell really hard off the wagon over the holidays. I'll weigh myself tomorrow to find out how much I gained back.  But no worries, I'm feeling motivated and have a partner in crime with me who will be eating and exercising just like me starting tomorrow. We'll hold each other accountable and hopefully that'll make us both successful.

0 comments: