Sunday, January 21, 2018

A little sawdust...

So this is happening...

The Landlords have decided to put granite in for the countertops. The slab that has been chosen is beautiful. I cannot wait to see it in the kitchen.

Mrs. Landlord, who in my opinion is a brave woman, bough a saw and went to town on the countertops. I love how she simply assumes she can do this, does her research and goes for it. I'm a lot more cautious and lazy.

The resulting amount of sawdust floating in the house is significant. I mean ... significant. I think I've inhaled a one of it already. My throat has a bit of an itch because of it.

Anyhow, I've never had to live through any home renovations like this, so it's a learning curve for me. regarding just how much work goes into something like this.

On the bright side, I had to clear out all the lower kitchen cabinets for the demolition and the install. So that means I'm going through all my crap and getting rid of stuff. I've had on my to do list for way too long the task of cleaning out and wiping down the cabinets. Now I'm forced to. I also think I'm going to be forced to wash everything again, but that's another story.

In other news, I made it through the one year anniversary of losing mom. The day of I was "ok". I had so much work happening that I didn't really have time to think and dwell on this. The following day, however, was an entirely different story. It's like all the grief was being held at bay and then one, solitary minute of being available and it came flooding out. I miss her so much. I truly do think of her each and every day. In fact, I just took a video of the demons getting under the sheet I put over the kitchen stuff to save them from sawdust.  As soon as I was done I wanted Mom to see it. It's so unfair to me that she's gone.

Still in OTHER news...Sister In Law booked our next cruise. We wanted to go to the Scandinavian region and so she found a 7 day cruise that leaves Copenhagan and hits 4 spots in Norway. It won't be happening until 2019, but I'm still excited. Though if I'm ever going to retire I really need to stop going to Europe every year.

0 comments: