Saturday, March 03, 2018

In like a lion...

March, that is. As I started to write this I couldn't believe it was March. What the heck happened to February?

When last I wrote I was in the middle of the Landlords putting in new countertops. What a mess! I had dust in places in this house that I shouldn't have dust.  Sooo messy. The countertops look good. I'm not a huge fan of granite or of a "waterfall" look, but this is nice. It'll definitely help their resell value. Next steps are the back splashes - coming soon. And ultimately the floors...no idea when it's coming.


The Landlords have mentioned they plan on selling in about 3 years. I've loved living here and really wish I would have taken them up on the offer to buy way back in 2009. Almost $500K difference in price between then and now. Now I absolutely couldn't afford this. Oh well.

They do plan on buying, potentially, a place up north and have asked if I'd like to rent it. We shall see. They're good Landlords and I'll have to move north anyhow...things are so expensive here. I'll miss Redmond though. It feels like home to me.

Redmond is the place we moved to when we moved to Seattle in 1986. Redmond is the place we came back to when we came back from Saudi. It's just home.

I was thinking about what "home" means to me now. "Home" was always where mom and dad were. And when dad passed it was where mom was. Now that mom is gone, I'm really wasn't sure what I should consider home. I guess "home" is where the people who love you the most are. So "home" is here. There's something equally sad and comforting in that thought. Sad because I miss mom so much and comforting because I have people around me who do love me and would help me through anything. For that I'm grateful...and also now crying.

Sheesh.

In other news, Scotland is less than 100 days away. In fact it's...**does quick math**  91 days.  Ninety one days!!! I haven't done exactly what I had planned by the time we head to Scotland, so I'd better get on it. I've also not done any real research. I do love my travel research. It makes me feel like I already know what the trip will be like.

And with that...I need to get scooting Meeting the Niece and Blueberry for lunch today. And the maybe a little scrapbooking and then a little work (Ugh).

0 comments: