Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Denmark / Norway or Bust....

And we're off...or just about.

Janet and I are headed out to see the world again. This time Denmark and Norway.  We booked this trip a year ago and it's come up so quickly I barely had time to research. To be fair, I've not done nearly the research I normally do, but I feel prepared all the same. I'll be pleasantly surprised on things I learn THERE instead of before.

The bags are packed and they've been thoroughly CAT scanned. These two have been suspicious for a
couple of days now...since the blue bag came out. They know. They've been down this road before and know it'll be a couple of weeks before they see me BUT really cool cat sitters come by and spoil them.

We are spending Wed - Saturday in Copenhagen seeing the sights and me getting a chance to see my high school BFF from TASIS who lives there. I'm so excited to see her. It's been about 10 years since we last saw each other. Funny thing about old friends, regardless of the time that passes between visits, you pick up right where you left off. Your past has bonded you together forever.

On Sunday May 26th, Janet and I will board a Royal Caribbean cruise ship and head out to see Norway...well part of it. To be fair... just about a 1/3 of the coast and that's it. Norway is a long, huge country it seems.


We start in Copenhagen and cruise on up to Geiranger to see one of the majestic fjords there. Then we ping pong down the coast stopping at Bergen, Stavanger, and Kristiansand. Once we do all that we land back in Copenhagen.

Norway wasn't originally on my bucket list, but so many friends have gone and I fell in love with the scenery and the beauty that I think Norway will be. One of my friends, who's a Seatlle girl through and through, said that she felt Norway more beautiful than the Seattle area...which is hard to do for those of us who live here. We shall see.

Stay tuned for more details on our trip.

0 comments: