Friday, May 31, 2019

Kristiansand, Norway

The last port of call...and guess what SUNSHINE!

Our excursion today left the ship at 7:15 AM. We had to get up pretty early to get ready, get breakfast, bathroom break and get to the bus. But we did it.

We were off to see Lillisand by land and by sea. I didn't really do any research on Lillisand so I wasn't really sure what to expect. It's a small town just out of Kristainsand that is quaint and cute. NONE of the shops were open because we were there so early, so it was a rather pointless stop. In fact, several people were grumbling that it wasn't worth it because it was all closed up.



I found it interesting in that I love the white houses and the small streets that make up small towns. Was it great? Nope. But it was something different and in Norway.

After that we hopped on a scooner to tour around the many, many islands in this area. It was 32F outside so being on an open boat was freezing. I am not sure I'll thaw before September. But it was a sunny day and the the area is beautiful. Tons of white houses dotted the coast line with their little red boat houses in front. All summer homes. All handed down in the families from generation to generation.

We were back at the ship by 11am. Janet and I needed a cup of something hot and lunch. We took a quick break then Janet headed out to see the town, and I opted for a lazy afternoon in the sun. I sat out on our deck in the sun and just soaked it all in.

Tomorrow is another sea day then we are back in Copenhagen. This trip has gone so fast that I can't believe it's almost over. Ah well, all good things my come to an end.  It just means we have to start planning our next trip.

0 comments: