Friday, January 01, 2021

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

So long 2020...it wasn't fun. 

Hello 2021...please be kind to us and our frayed nerves. 


I didn't stay up last night. I rarely do anymore. I mean, it's just another day. The universe had another plan for me though.

The new neighborhood, apparently, are allowed fireworks. They started around 8pm and were periodic. 

I went to bed around 10:30. Fell asleep and then was bolted awake at midnight. The amount of fireworks going of was amazing. And not the small ones. M80s are apparently the firework of choice up here in the hood. 

In addition, the neighborhood exploded in HAPPY NEW YEAR cheers. I had to smile at how loud it was from all the different condos. 

So here we are...2021. I'm still working on the full list of goals. I feel like there are a couple different ones I want to work on, but they haven't quite bubbled to the brain and haven't been formed into words. 

The regular ones are:
  • 50 new books, or 15,000 pages
  • 125 New recipes (up'd this from 100)
  • Up the 401K by 2%
  • Squash the random spending (practice the "need" versus "want")
  • 300 scrapbook pages (I hit 340 this year, but without a major trip last year, this goal will be a touch one)
  • Pick a charity for the year and donate monthly
The other thing that the world does is the "one little word" concept. I've tried this a couple of years in a row and usually make it about 90 days before I forget, or just don't care. I have one friend who's doing "12 words" this year. One for each month. Her theory is your life shifts and changes, so why be so rigid on "one little word". I kinda like that. I'm not going to do it, but I like it. 

Instead, I want to focus on a concept. The election this year showed me that I get worked up over the smallest of comments, and there is absolutely nothing I can do to sway or change the minds of people. So my "one little concept" is going to be LET IT BE. We'll see how that goes. 



Happy New Years everyone. Here's to making 2021 just a little brighter.



0 comments: