Saturday, March 20, 2010

Livin' La Vida Loca

Seattle SIL came over last night and we scrapped. I have been on this determined kick lately to be completely caught up in all things scrapbooking. I jokingly said to the SSIL last night that I'm not sure what I'm going to do once I'm all caught up. Her answer, "Take more photos."

I'm pretty proud of the 2009 Scrapbook and because I am YOU dear reader gets to see it. I heard that groan in the back row...I know you're thinking, "But Jenn you've already showed us your 2009 in review!" and you'd be right. But you've not seen 2009 SCRAPBOOKED. That and I'm apparently a very sick person who has nothing else to do with her time. I didn't take these pages out of the page protectors, because I am that lazy. So ignore the glare.

2010 isn't turning out to be too very exciting so I had to add another cruise to my list of things to do this year. Yes, go back and re-read that sentence. I'm going on another cruise.

You may recall last September me volunteering for the Survivor Brunch and then attending with Blueberry. Blueberry then promptly won a 7 day cruise on Holland America. Prior to Blue winning we jokingly said, "If you win, I go with you." Who knew she'd be stuck taking me?

Being that she and I both have gone on cruises this year, another cruise was going to be financially challenging. Neither her nor I have disposal cash just sitting around waiting for us to use it. If I would win the stupid lotto and be done with it, I could not only go on a cruise, but I could be typing this from Italy. Still, she had 4 choices: Mexico, Caribbean, New England and Alaska. Neither of us were thrilled about Mexico and had both just done the Caribbean. We were really keen on the New England. How fun would that be? But if we did that we'd have to go to NY and spend a weekend - and we knew it would require air fair and thus being more expensive than we could handle in the Great Year of Cruising.

So Alasaka it is. We'll be cruising in August, so I have some time to save cash. It should be a relatively inexpensive cruise in that it leaves from Seattle. We'll be on the Holland America Oosterdam. See those cabins with balconies? Yah we won't have one of those. See one of those cabins above the water line...we will likely have one of those. Which is fine because we'll only be sleeping in the darn room. We'll be leaving Seattle and hitting Victoria, Juno, Sitka, Ketchikan, and Glacier Bay - not necessarily in that order. It should be fun and by the end of it I'll have more photos for scrapbooking.

1 comments:

Al & Jo said...

You are so creative!!! Great job as usual!